Sunday, December 6, 2009

'Rockin' Horse' by Pip Renault



>

Pip's animatic makes me laugh every time I see it. I think it has a great soundtrack, I love the way the music is muffled behind the door and then blares out at full volume as 'Gator' kicks the door down. I also love the sound of the electric bolts shooting out of his fingers. But I think what I like most is the fact that it was sparked off by a beautiful traditional wooden rocking horse that he drew in the nursery of the Merchant's House at the Jersey Museum. I shall always think of 'Gator' every time I visit the Museum now.

Pip has also really understood and exploited the potential of perspective and point of view, the 'camera' movement echoes the liveliness of the music. I'm looking forward to seeing the final animation, the cutout of the character 'Gator' looks very promising and I imagine that the sequence of them both head banging and the stage lights flashing will work really well once animated. I think Twisted Sister would enjoy it too, if anyone out there knows them then please pass it on...

1. Close up of Rockin Horse looking bored, he sighs
2. Shot slowly zooms out from his face, he looks up when he starts to hear muffled rock coming from the room next door 'I wanna rock! Rock!'
3. Gator kicks down the door screaming 'ROCK!" as his music booms into the room, he is holding a bag
4. Gator points at Rockin Horse in an Uncle Sam style and says 'You wanna Rock?'
5. Electric bolts shoot out of Gator's fingers turning Rockin Horse into a Rocker
6. Extreme close-up of Rockin Horse's eyes with piercing and eye make-up 'I wanna Rock!'
7. Gator and Rockin Horse head bang, stage lights flash

No comments:

Post a Comment