Friday, November 6, 2009

Alice In Wonderland

I would like to share another favourite animator, Jan Svankmajer . His work will give you the shivers.

Now I love Disney’s version of Alice in Wonderland as much as the next person, but that’s the issue, most people only know Disney’s Alice. Jan Svankmajer has interpreted this classic story in a most frightening and peculiar way, watch it, you’ll never forget it (and you’ll never see the Disney version in the same way again).

See a clip of Jan Svankmajer’s Alice here.

And if you liked that you like the Brothers Quaye too, check out their work here.

Let me know what you think, Joanna

2 comments:

  1. Such a different version of Alice in wonderland, I love the innocence in the child and the creepiness about the rabbit, the way it differs from the original movie.

    I feel inspired to experiment with stop motion now, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eleanormarie, so pleased that you feel inspired. Will you post your animations on your blog? I'll keep an eye out, don't get all Jan Svankmajer on that cute bunny who's featuring on your blog though!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete