Tuesday, November 10, 2009

my research

this post is some of my research for an animation pproject im doing in college.
After all the historical research we had to look at, i looked mainly at 2 artists; David Ellis and blublu.

 


They also did a collaboration piece together which covers the whole of a derelict building. its really nice to see the bright colours and soft shapes of david ellis and the harsh black and white
creatures of blu together in animation. 

also thinking about target audiences led me to think about the relationship between skateboarding and art.
 click on the image for a bigger version if you want to read it.

luka.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen David Ellis's work before, I really like the white swirling marks on the black shape in the Daily video (http://vimeo.com/3196225). Their collaboration piece is astounding. I'm always impressed by the way Blu uses the environment that he paints on, you know we were talking about the narrative in his work, well it seems as though the narrative is the architecture and the way his figures (or body parts) move across it.

    I hope that your research on art and skating leads you to some good screening ideas.

    Thanks for the post. Really interesting research.

    ReplyDelete